BASE is php frontend application for Snort. BASE let you check and analyze your Snort events and alerts from a web browser.
- Install apache php and prerequisite packages
- Install pear Image_Graph
- Download ADODB
- Download and extract BASE
- Configure BASE
.... $BASE_urlpath = '/base'; ... $DBlib_path = '/var/adodb/'; ... $alert_dbname = 'snort'; $alert_host = 'localhost'; $alert_port = ''; $alert_user = 'snort'; $alert_password = 'snort'; ...
- Set permissions on base directory
- Restart apache
- Browse to snort_ip_address/base/index.php and click on “setup page” link
- Click on “Create BASE AG” button on the upper right of the page
- Click on the “Main page” line
Thats all. Now you can work with your new BASE system to analyze Snort data.
Please visit http://www.snort.org/ for more information about Snort configuration and usage